Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Holding on tight.

A lot has happened since I posted last.

4 days after my first ultrasound I found myself at the hospital as the bleeding increased. I had another ultrasound and was told that I had a hematoma (clot) in the uterus and that is what is causing the bleeding. I was told to have bed rest for a week as it can make chances of miscarriage higher.

Today (10 days after been about the clot) I had another ultrasound. The baby is measuring almost spot on for dates (8 weeks and 2 days - 1 day ahead) and a heart rate of 186. Of course I worried that the heart rate was too fast but Dr Google told me that there has been no evidence of increased risk with a high heart rate, and that around this point in the pregnancy, the heart rate peaks at its fastest and slowly starts to decline until it reaches its average. Of course, I still worry!

I am getting some whopper bruises from the clexane injections and hair growth on my face has increased big time from the steroids! In all honesty, I don't care. I would do anything for this baby.

9 comments:

  1. That's fantastic news Panda. I was wondering how you have been. Sounds like this one is sticking around :) I hope this continues to go well, it certainly sounds very positive. Please keep us posted.
    Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i was wondering how you were going, having not seen you around the Pregnancy area for a week or so.. such great news!

    And what a fantastic heart rate! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news. Here's hoping the clot drains quickly and uneventfully so you can start to relax and look forward to your 13-week scan. I think of you often. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the warm and fuzzies reading your latest blog. Keep going, you are doing so well.

    Can you take something to help with the bruising? is it arnica? you could check with the pharmacist if its ok to rub on your tummy?

    take care and keep us updated - we are in this with you. love Bec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gorgeous I am so glad you updated!
    You are always in my thoughts and my fingers are crossed so tightly for you and M!

    I hope you can start to relax a little <3

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stalking you :)

    Glad all is well, Meggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. good to hear all is still well.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Panda, I've been following your updates on EB and thinking of you from afar - just thought I'd randomly let you know. You have my support; you and your baby are in my prayers.

    Robbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi panda, I'm glad to see all is going well. I think of you often (even now when I'm on holiday in Borneo). Your strength gives me hope. I hope you have no more clots to worry you. Keep in touch. Spock

    ReplyDelete