Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How do I describe this feeling?

I have just been for another ultrasound. I was supposed to measure 10 weeks and 1 day but I'm measuring 10 weeks and 3 days! The heart was beating strong, there was longer limbs, a more defined face (nose, chin, forehead etc) and the baby was moving around and using mummy's uterus as a slippery dip!

Of course I am still worried about everything that could go wrong, but seeing my baby there, moving around, well... the word 'happy' doesn't cut it. My husband was amazed. We both looked at the screen with adoring eyes.

I wish I could feel confident, but all I seem to do is worry about the what ifs. What if my cervix shortens early? Why happens if there isn't enough blood supply going to the placenta?

Thank you for all the support so far. I've really needed it and will continue to need it! It means a lot to me.

10 comments:

  1. so Happy for you miss manda. you are a very strong person and will make a great mummy. love you heaps. sal(ATM)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeeeee!! This is so it! This little munchkin is determined to be giving you huge big cuddles in no time! It is totally understandable that you're still worried about all the what ifs but just remember to grab out those u/s pics (you did get some I hope) and let that storng little bubby of yours growing away inside you bring a smile to your face and your day! So so so so happy for you! xo Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fantastic panda. I'm so happy for you. Come November you'll have a beautiful little baby in your arms. Enjoy this journey, if you're not sick, it will be one to remember!
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such wonderful news - hurrah!!! I have such a good feeling about this little one, and am looking forward to reading all about your pregnancy through the months and welcoming your baby. Congrats and enjoy it, what a wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!

    Totally Awesome news! I'm so happy for you. And of course you will still worry, but I bet as you go along those worries will become a little less frequent - especially when you get to feel bubby move!

    xox Bec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Hunny my heart just fluttered when I saw you had updated!
    I am absolutely overjoyed for you and M <3

    Of course you will worry as that is normal.

    Thinking of you always!!

    Leeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing news. I couldn't be happier for you. Try not to overthink it - the less you read and hear the less you'll worry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very very happy for you Manda - so very normal to worry but things are looking so great! Sending my thoughts and prayers mwaaa *lovemybabies*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been following your story here and on EB and I'm on ATM, just want to say that I have tears of joy streaming down my face for you. Praying that it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow- last time i read/wrote you said your hair was falling out...now i read you are pregnant! congratulations beautiful, i am so very happy for you. I will be hoping and praying with all my heart that you have your amazing miracle in your arms at the end of the year. Try to breathe, and relax and take time out...lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete