Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm still in shock.

I had another restless night last night. I was so worried about disappearing symptoms, cramps, etc. I decided to take today off work as I could not function.

DH came home from work (a 50km drive) and took me to an ultrasound as I was a nutcase. Taking all these drugs, injections, etc and just not knowing if everything is okay after 5 miscarriages is just too much.

I cried. I cried my eyes out when I saw the screen. A heartbeat. A heartbeat of 120 beats per minute and measuring about 6 weeks and 1 day (about a day behind by my dates). I know I am far from being out of the 'danger' zone but it was such a big moment for my husband and me. We have never seen a heartbeat before. Even my husband was amazed and said it was worth him driving home for. I know I won't continue to stop worrying, that is just who I am (and have become) but I feel like I might at least relax for the next 2-3 hours.

6 comments:

  1. Awww saw this and just had to say I am so happy for you! I know it is hard to get excited but try and take a breath and relax (I know easier said than done).
    Good luck hun and my thoughts and hopes are with you <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see this wonderful update from you. I remember waiting for that 1st scan - I didn't sleep for 3 whole days and when I finally saw that HB I couldn't stop crying. Then I slept for 16 hours straight!!! I know you will continue to worry but seeing HB is a very important and wonderful milestone - you and your LO are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic news! I am so happy for you, I feel like I might cry :) The fact that you have seen a heartbeat is an extremely positive sign, the chances of miscarrying drop dramatically. I think this is it for you sweets, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will be thinking of you, as always. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Panda Im so happy that you and M got to see little bubbas heartbeat, a very special moment indeed. I really wish you all the best and will be praying like there's no tomorrow that everything goes perfectly well with this pregnancy.
    I cant begin to imagine how much all the waiting is doing your head in, I thought the suggestion in another reply about doing some meditaion or even yoga to help you relax and take some time out was a really good idea.
    Sending you lots of hugs xxx
    missymuffet

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOT WOOT, I too have a feeling about this one - the fact that your body suprised you with your bfp, and you were already at the clinic - all wonderful signs.

    You never got to heartbeat stage before? well then this is the most amazing step forward, I'm so glad you got to enjoy that moment.

    Take Care!

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing news. I am crossing everything - twice! - for you that this bub sticks.

    P.S. The twinges and cramps are totally normal - your uterus is doing a whole lot of changing right now. You'll still worry though, so the best thing you can do is keep as busy as humanly possible without tiring yourself out :)

    ReplyDelete