Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I heart my home.

Here are some before and after pictures of my home. Keep in mind my house is not overly big, it is very old (about 95 years) but I just love it!

Here are some pictures of BEFORE. They are of the lounge room, back living area, kitchen, guest bedroom and a door/hallway.









Here are some AFTER pictures.



 All the slate was ripped up in our back room and replaced with floorboards. I'm a floorboard kinda gal.

 Our built ins that we added.





 This is our kitchen. We have not renovated it yet. I just changed the colour, changed the handles, painted the overhanging cupboards are brighter white and added blinds and took down the curtains. We have (since this photo) added a nicer hanging light like the ones in the rest of the house (a chrome one).

 Excuse the vacuum cleaner. Can you see Milly at the doorway?



When we renovate our kitchen, we are looking at something like this.



OR


Obviously the lay out in our kitchen is different but I love these cupboards, drawers, handles, bench tops, etc.

So there you have it. I know it's not perfect, but we are slowly getting there. I find when you do bits and pieces at a time, you really appreciate your house and don't take all the changes for granted. I love that our house is constantly changing and reflecting our (well, my) taste. I feel like our home tells a story, both past and present.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Your after photos look like something out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) There is still a lot of work to be done, but we will get there. You and me both know all about patience!

    ReplyDelete