Monday, November 8, 2010

Got blood?

My blood tests have started. My first one required 14 tubes of blood. The lady was wiggling the needle by the end as my blood flow was slowing down. I am already sick of them! I have to be there by 7am and I am thrown because my husband either starts work at 5am or gets home at 4.30am after a night shift so I am lacking in the sleep department. It looks like my endometrial biopsy will be towards the end of the month (in Sydney).
Lately I have been feeling really down. Almost ready to give up. Travelling back and forth to Sydney (which is about 5.5 hours or more away) is doing my head in. I don't have any energy anymore. I am starting to doubt myself and think that if my failure of a body has not given me a baby by now then it probably never will. I have tried to be strong the last few years but my strength is wearing thin.

I have Dexter, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters and One Tree Hill to watch tonight so hopefully that will distract me for a while. I can't even go to a supermarket these days without having a mini anxiety attack because my angels aren't here with me and yet, I am surrounded by so many women and their gorgeous bumps and babies. It's depressing to say the least.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised that you're feeling down. You've been through SO much. A 5.5 hours trip to Sydney is ridiculous. I'm sure that adds a lot of stress to an already horrendous process.

    Wishing you strength. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very good with advice but hang in there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is an awesome idea Amanda. I have to say it made me quite emotional in reading this. You are a brave and strong woman. I am encouraged by you, and your story. HUGS.xx

    ReplyDelete