Monday, January 24, 2011

When feeling sad... SHOP!

I went to the GP last week and was told I have Alopecia. This is what is causing me to lose my hair in spots. It could be linked to stress, hormone levels or an auto-immune issue. Or all of the above (because, come on, we are talking about me here!) I am currently on a steroid cream but my GP could not reassure me as he said I may get more bald spots and he can't be certain the hair will grow back.

In the meantime, I have bought lots of new things and even had a bit of pampering. I had a mani and pedi the day of my GP appointment to help cheer me up. I also bought new shoes. These are no ordinary shoes. These shoes are sexy! They have a personality of their own. Okay, maybe not, but they definitely make me feel like I am a celebrity when I wear them. Picture below.


Then mum did my hair in a way so you can't see my bald spot. I was sporting the messy, bed hair look - half up half down. It didn't look too bad and my hair actually goes to my belly button so it is very long. I love my mum! We then all went out for dinner, drinks and dancing. Gosh, it felt good! For the first time in awhile, I really just had a good night and was happy.

So you are probably wondering what else I have purchased? I also bought VERY expensive shampoo, conditioner and scalp therapy. It's *supposed* to thicken hair.

I also bought a Kobo wifi ereader. Yay! I love to read and have wanted an ereader for ages. I was going to get the Kindle or Sony, but the Kobo had an awesome sale on and I could not resist. It will take awhile to deliver (it is coming from the States) but here is a pic I found.

I, of course, got the purple (lilac) one.
I have also purchased a new iPhone cover, 3 new bras, two new tops and a new pair of eyeglasses! Naughty me! I must admit, it has cheered me up a bit. I also try to remind myself that I am lucky that I am in a position that I can purchase such things.

Well, it is time to go and watch episode 2, Season 5 of Big Love. I love this show! Nothing like a TV show about polygamists trying to live in civilisation and family feuds!

Thank you to everyone who gives me ongoing support through your comments on my blog. These comments always mean a lot to me and touch me deeply. It is so lovely that people out there care about my situation and it makes me feel lucky during the difficult circumstances I am dealt.

7 comments:

  1. Holy smokin'-hot-heels, Batman!

    I love those kinds of shoes and I soooo wish I could wear them but if i did, my legs would look like marshmallows squeezed into a thimble =o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!! Love the killer heels! And you look hot in them too!!!! Shopping always helps me feel better too!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you deserve much more beautiful girl! And your blog is amazing Manda.... And just wanted to say, to never disregard your feelings. They matter, they count. Regardless of severity of circumstance. You have every right to feel all those feelings you have. And I totally get the not wanting to let hubby see you that way. I am the same....Keep that beautiful chin up Manda.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. smokin hot! Enjoy your new purchases! I had a crappy day the other day and tried retail therapy and ended up with nothing boo! I'm glad you had good shopping luck!

    I have a positive feeling that your hair will grow back - that probably doesn't make you feel better now though. I'm sure you would look great in a messy pony tail too - Gossip Girl would probably have lots of great inspiration, Serena has a lot of long hair too!

    (Bonnybabe/bec)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot woo! I wish I had hot legs like those! Nice shoes too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Kobo, love the heels!

    ReplyDelete