Thursday, December 16, 2010

Natural Killer Cells. Say what?

My biopsy results are back. I begged the nurse to tell me the results over the phone. She was very lovely and said she'd get a doctor to ring back as the results are difficult to interpret.

I found out I have elevated Natural Killer (NK) Cells. I really thought I would not have them and that thin lining was my only issue. So I was shocked to hear the news. Basically, these cells are normal and fight off nasty things, etc. In my case, because I have an elevated amount in my uterus, there is a possibility that these cells are attacking my babies, which in return, makes me miscarry.

To treat this you are put on a type of steroid. Stupid me went to Dr Google and now I am scared senseless. Not only will I look like a hairy, big bellied, acne faced lady (or should I say man), but there is a chance this medication can harm a baby, causing a high cleft palete, along with other issues. The latter is my main concern. I think I've already proven I would do anything to have a baby.

On top of that, the steroid may not fix the problem and things may not get better. I have to ensure I am prepared for that. You think I'd be used to disappointment but it is something that I never seem to get the hang of.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to read that Manda not really what you need just before xmas. When i read it though i got a really strong feeling that with this addressed you are going to get some goodluck coming your way. I really hope my gut is right.
    Wishing you and your partner a peaceful xmas
    Karly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Panda,

    I'm sorry to read that you have the natural killer cells. I so hope that they can give you the steroid and you can carry your baby.

    My SIL had a double cleft palate and a couple of other issues and she was the 'guinea pig' for the treatment and surgeries, you can't really tell now... and that was 21 yrs ago, so the treatment will be mindblowing by now.

    I hope you get through christmas ok and can get some answers about the lastest news. It sucks so bad that words can't even describe for you.

    I think your blog is great, and must be such a release for you.

    Take care over christmas, lots of cyber love - Bonnybabe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Panda,

    I have been thinking about you over the Christmas/New Years period and hope you are doing okay hun.

    I so hope that 2011 is your year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your news Manda. I still think of you often and I hope 2011 brings some much needed fortune to you and your hubby.

    lots and lots of hugs to you both.

    Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Here you provide some information about natural killer cells. These type of cell is actually a cytotoxic lymphocyte type whose major function is to reject tumor and virus infected cells. They do this by having granzyme and perforin. I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information.....

      Delete