Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Still Here.

Hello everyone.

Sorry it has been so long (yet again). I can't believe it is already October. Time seems to be flying.

I am now 36 weeks pregnant. I am starting to get very uncomfortable, often crying from pain, severe reflux, cramps, etc especially at night. When people ask me how I am feeling I usually tell them I am great. I feel like I have no right to complain. To be honest though, being in the third trimester is hard on your body, but what I went through to try and get pregnant is much harder. In comparison, pregnancy is the easy part.

I find I am getting very emotional lately. One minute I am laughing, the next minute I am crying. I am also keeping an eye on my old internet buddy group. I was in a Long Haul IVF buddy group. I get very emotional over the fact that some of the girls are still there. I think it is so cruel as these women would be amazing mothers. If I have a friend that complains because it took her a few months to get pregnant, or even just 2 clomid cycles, I can't help but feel angry because I know the women from my old buddy group are really suffering. I wish there was something I could do to help them. Hopefully if anyone from my old buddy group reads this, I hope I haven't upset you by writing this.

I am getting very big lately, but I don't really care. I realise I'll have some weight to lose after the baby is born but I am okay with that. I am now getting nervous about the birth. Not just the pain or the unknown, but I am anxious over the baby being born healthy and okay. I feel little Basil move around all the time and even when the kicks or squirms really hurt, I still really enjoy them (which may sound strange to some).

I am also having small panic attacks over things like whooping cough. I have heard some terrible stories lately, and I know some people in my life will think I am being over the top but I will not feel comfortable with just anyone picking up the baby for the first few weeks (maybe months!). I know certain people will have things to say about me behind my back, but as the midwife keeps saying, I have to do what is right for me and not worry about what others think.

I don't have a bump shot today. I will try and upload one in the next week.

I hope you are all well. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Try not to be too concerned about whooping cough. Yes it's a real risk, but if you take the right measures and reduce bub's risk, then Basil should be fine :)

    When Evie was born, we bought a carrier and when we went out before she had her 6 week injections, we covered her head with a muslin cloth. This way, droplets were prevented from getting to her.

    Enjoy the last few weeks/days. This is the hardest part of pregnancy. But also the most rewarding xx

    ReplyDelete